TA-KU AND WAFIA'S '(M)EDIAN' EP REVIEW; BRING THE TISSUES
What a year it has been for Ta-ku and Wafia. Let’s check the list:
1. Their previous collaboration of their stunning melodic version of American Girl (a cover of Estelle’s American Boy) has been critically praised
2. They’ve performed twice together at the Vivid Live Shows at the Sydney Opera House. I was actually there for the first night and can confirm that it was delightfully fantastic.
3. Ta-ku just released his own filter on VSCOcam
4. Wafia performed at this year’s Splendour in the Grass
5. Ta-ku recently married his fiancée – congratulations to him and the Mrs!
6. Their new collaborative EP has just released and it did not disappoint
(m)edian is the musical expression of Ta-ku and Wafia’s experiences from coming out of a broken family. It debuts Ta-ku’s dreamy vocals, combining his producing talents, Wafia’s strong vocals and melancholy lyrics. You’re sure to melt into an emotional puddle.
Treading Water, Meet in the Middle and Love Somebody with two other intermission songs make for the perfect EP to listen to on a gloomy rainy day or on intimate nights. Ta-ku simply does not disappoint for chill and mellow vibes.
Make sure you have some tissues with you when you listen to this gem.